Friday, February 18, 2011

jingle jangle morning

A beautiful piece of writing that looses me a little towards the end.


Skinless Love

Louise, pass the salt, please pass
the sun-our savory mornings.

On walks with the dog I'll bring you tied like
a kite to my wrist, your face bobbing in the moonlight.

I dream of you riding a giant spider.
You are all dangle, darling and weightless.

Reel me in tied to your mouth (silk-spin),
your secret glands sticky with waiting.

Save me for later like a peppermint,
I'll nap under your tongue, lick your furry palate.

Who needs breasts, eyebrows, or white platelets?

I think devotion is like this:

skinned of art
a bodiless mingling.

Beyond your cotton-stuffed limbs and nylon slacks,
your greasy cells buttered in wax.

We love beyond all these drippings,
a love that lasts.



from Fields, Ribbons, Folds: Somatic Landscapes for Zaha Hadid by Hadara bar-Nada